Tuesday, May 4, 2010

2 1/2 Reasons Why Long Distance Relationships Don't Work (for me)

"Of course a long distance relationship will work "- me a month ago

Why would these words ever consider leaving the vicinity of my mouth? Why? When you think about a relationship and what’s involved in maintaining it, can long distances really work? Relationships are defined by connections, involvement with your partner, whether it’s physical or emotional. The internet has helped relationships to thrive it’s true, because there are so many portals to connect with. People can leave a message on facebook and then send you an email while telling their twitter following that they just sent you a message on MySpace. I’m old fashioned I guess. I like the long conversations holding hands and looking into each other’s eyes. I need to be able touch and feel my partner and just know that if I wanted to kiss him I could. So with that said, reason number one would be the lack of a warm body. For some reason I have always used the phrase, “There are other fish in the sea” unconventionally. I tell myself there are other fish in the sea while the fish in my net is still gasping for air. It’s difficult for me to be somewhere new and not live the experience to the fullest. Not having a warm body with so many good looking ones to take its place, well that’s just cruel. So reason number two, other fish. I’ve written two and a half because I would feel much better if I had three reasons to really not keep this long distance thing going. I would love to say that I pay too much to call him over there on that great island called England, but I don’t. I spend like twenty dollars and get over 1100 minutes. It’s crazy. So I’ll keep that one at a half.

The bottom line for me, if you really loved someone and you really wanted to be with them not even an ocean should keep us apart. Why do things have to be long distance? Why do we have to be separate? So here is to making a wish on that star, chicken bone, heart of lettuce or whatever else floats your boat. Warm body, warm body come to me and fast.

-whatupnewyork-

This a blog post from one of our StanaCard customers that we thought we would share with you. Happy Calling

The StanaCard Support Team